Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jan 14-2010

Hello all,

Well, I spent all my time today trying to figure out how to send pictures...I am trying to send them bulk from my camera card but the computer can't handle that much info and it crashes. Needless to say it didn't work... sorry! You won't get to see my tiger farm pictures!!! I only have two minutes left so I will give some quick thoughts.

Good news! I finally had someone ask me if one of my parents are Thai! That means my Thai is good enough to pass for a half-thai person. Yay.
I was successful today in sending you a voice .wav file with me speaking thai. I am reading from the Book of Mormon. Note from Mom: This was really fun to hear Danny speak Thai, it was almost musical! I will try and figure out how and if I can upload it to the blog.

Next thing. I've really been studying the scriptures a lot lately. The last zone conference the President really stressed using the Book of Mormon. Recently in my studies I have really been trying to notice the different responsibilities of the Father and Jesus and their Prophets. I found that this was hard exercise because sometimes it is hard to tell. But lucky me, in the Thai language they use different pronouns for different people. So it is easy to tell if I study Thai and English at the same time. Yay!

I have also been thinking lately of Section 132. What great potential we have! Give it a read! Such promises! but "strait is the gate and narrow the way that leadeth unto exaltation and few there be that find it.... because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me... But if ye shall receive me in the world, then shall ye know me, and shall receive your exaltation; that where I am ye shall be also.

Haha, I wish that that section was translated better into Thai.... it is just completely unusable in Thai.

Dad you asked about speaking in Lao. Yeah, things are typically in Lao up here. We are so close to the border that most people speak both Thai and Lao languages. Lao is much less (mouth)muscle-intensive. (much more convenient, doesn't really have any articulation) So most people opt to speak Lao when they are with their friends. The government enforces that Thai is spoken in public schools and the church also enforces that it is spoken in church meetings. Besides that, people prefer Lao.


Out of time. Love you all.


เอ็ลเดอร์ บราวน์ ( Elder Brown )

No comments:

Post a Comment